Save The Date
Orlando, Florida, The world’s leading vinyl manufacturers, will congregate for Making Vinyl in Minneapolis on June 7-8, 2023 to trade notes on state-of-the-art production of the format, as new pressing plants are expanding global capacity. Industry leaders will present their latest breakthroughs in improving productivity and output that will alleviate the four-month back orders struggling to keep up with consumer demand.
Making Vinyl launched in 2017 in Detroit as a networking platform for professionals engaged in reviving a physical configuration that nearly everyone thought was dead 15 years ago. Next year’s Minneapolis event will feature tours of the brand-new vinyl record pressing plant of Copycats, a subsidiary of ADS Group, serving as the conference’s hometown sponsor. Making Vinyl is presented in association with the Colonial Purchasing Group.
Minneapolis native Prince, who died in 2016, would have been 65 years old on June 7, 2023.
All aspects of the vinyl comeback will be explored to keep the retail and e-commerce supply chain teeming with new releases and back catalog reissues. Vinyl’s current popularity – 15 years of double-digit growth – defies all technological and economic logic in the digital age, given the expense, antiquated equipment and complicated process needed for producing records that have not changed much in 70 years, not to mention recently considerable supply chain and raw materials issues.
- Celebrate Vinyl as physical media’s shining star in the digital age
- Deliver to attendees need-to-know info about Vinyl manufacturing challenges and opportunities
- Reinforce that Vinyl’s rebirth is not a fad, as proven by a flurry of major capacity expansion globally by existing pressing plants and factories
- Provide useful state-of-the-art info for mutual interests along the Vinyl supply chain, including retailers, labels, pressing plants, consumable suppliers, packagers, & music brokers
- Provide networking opportunities for these diverse groups to meet each other and forge new relationships
Who Should Attend?
- Vinyl Manufacturers
- Vinyl Mastering Service Providers
- Lacquer Cutting Service Providers
- Equipment Manufacturers
- CD/DVD Replicators & Duplicators
- Vinyl Consumables Suppliers
- Packaging Suppliers – Labeling, inner sleeves, etc.
- Record Labels
- Copyrights Holders
- Music Brokers
- Turntable Manufacturers and Other Audio Components
- Music Retailers
- Vinyl Enthusiasts
More information and registration will be available soon.